Intellectual Property Law Services in Brisbane
Phoenix Law recognises that your intellectual property is what differentiates your business from its competitors. We understand just how important it is to protect your creativity – an extremely valuable asset in competitive markets.
Having a product or idea you’ve worked hard on stolen from you can be devastating. Our solicitors are business people too, so you can expect them to empathise with your situation as well as show you what to do next.
What Is Intellectual Property?
Intellectual property refers to creations of the human brain which can be legally owned. Intellectual property, the rights to a patented invention or copyrighted book for example, can be bought or sold.
Do I Have to Apply for Intellectual Property Protection?
Some forms of intellectual property need to be registered to be given protection. For example, patents and trademarks must be lodged and registered with IP Australia. On the other hand, copyright protection is free and automatic.
The Importance of Engaging Intellectual Property Lawyers
Our clients include small-to-medium businesses, large corporations, universities and inventors. Our intellectual property lawyers seek fair protection for every single one of our clients and equitable financial results for any misuse of intellectual property in the commercial arena.
We bring significant litigation experience and specialised services to the table, including expert representation in court to protect our clients’ hard work and valuable investments.
Phoenix Law’s lawyers can aid with:
- Advice regarding intellectual property rights
- Auditing of intellectual property
- Trademark applications
- Business names, product names & service names
- Protection of inventions – from conception to market
- Licensing issues
- Assistance with shareholder agreements and contractual obligations
- Dispute resolution litigation
- Advice on commercial laws for marketing new inventions and designs
- Franchising for new products, services and ideas
- Advice for protection of confidential information
- Patents and product protection
What Should I Do If My Rights Have Been Infringed?
If you have any concerns about your intellectual property, consult an expert legal firm in Brisbane immediately. The longer the problem goes on, the harder the issues can be to rectify.
As members of the Queensland Law Society, Phoenix Law will examine your individual circumstances and offer timely advice on the best pathway forward.
For more information on any of our services, call (07) 3180 0908 or contact us online.
Get In Touch With Us
- Commercial Law Services in Brisbane
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property Law Services in Brisbane
- International Trade Law Services in Brisbane
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution Services
- Migration Law
- Multilingual lawyers
- Personal Injury Law
- Property Lawyers in Brisbane
- Will and Estate Planning Services in Brisbane